- Category: General Dentistry
- Emergency Dentist - Dental Emergency
- Knocked-Out Tooth
- Loose Teeth
- Chipped, Cracked or Fractured Teeth
- Something stuck between teeth
- Lost Dental filling
- Oral Tissue Injury and Facial Pain
- Problems with Temporary Dental Restorations
- Is it a Dental Emergency?
- Avoiding a Dental Emergency
- Preparing for a Dental Emergency
- All Pages
Problems with Temporary Dental Restorations
If you temporary crown comes off, do not worry. Simply put it back into place by applying Vaseline, Chapstick, toothpaste, or denture adhesive into the temporary and positioning it so that the tooth may remain in its position until you see name. You can test how it fits first before applying adhesive if necessary. Once in, bite down firmly on a dry washcloth to apply even pressure. Wait a few minutes then remove any excess adhesive but still contact your dental provider within the next few days to have it properly re-positioned.